Wednesday 2 November 2016

Great War infantry Mess Tin

I have recently bought a Great War infantry mess tin. This is the standard kidney shaped British mess tin in its First World War incarnation. 



Within two days I had also found a version from 1932. The 1932 tin is much simplified while the Great War version has little lugs on the front and side and back to allow for attachments straps.



 
There are no maker's marks on my WWl tin, but there is a small "C" and broad arrow.


I am gradually accumulating a collection of infantry equipment from the Great War. All I am lacking now are the 2 inch webbing braces, the webbing carrier for a water canteen, and the webbing to take the scabbard and the helve. If anyone reading my blog has these items and would like to consider selling them to me please contact me. Here's my email address: timothyjsoper@gmail.com  

I don't presume I shall ever own a tunic, puttees, boots, and trousers, but who knows…
 



No comments:

Post a Comment